Get Your House Tested For Carbon Monoxide- Unitests
Home appliances

Get Your House Tested For Carbon Monoxide- Unitests

992 Views

A one-stop destination to keep your home safe and sound- https://www.unitests.com.au/!

You must have heard from health inspectors or healthcare providers that Carbon Monoxide is a harmful gas found inside homes. Appliances such as grills, fireplaces, woodstoves, gas dryers, water heaters, etc. emit this gas. Any fuel-burning through these appliances and devices has the potential to produce dangerous levels of CO that can cause severe injuries.

Effects of CO & Symptoms of CO Poisoning

In case you are wondering, CO inhibits the blood’s ability to carry oxygen. Once you inhale the gas, it combines with oxygen and forms carboxyhemoglobin. Exposure to the gas for a long duration will lead to many health problems. And over the course of the exposure, you’ll also develop symptoms that can hinder your regular life.

Read more: What Are Led Light Bulbs?

Normally, humans are exposed to around 10% of CO in the air when they are outside. Up to this percentage, CO will have no symptoms in your body. Once the level increases, you will start to experience the following symptoms inside your house.

15% will cause mild headaches

25% will lead to nausea and serious headache that often recovers after treatment

30% will cause the symptoms to intensify causing heart diseases

45% can cause unconsciousness

50% means that the poisoning will lead to untimely death

Since it is usually not possible to detect the CO levels outside the medical environment, some companies have designed Carbon Monoxide detectors to identify the particles and notify the homeowners about the exposure. Inhaling 12,800 particles of carbon monoxide per minute can lead to death in just 1 to 3 minutes.

As the symptoms of CO depend on the exposure, people often confuse them with other problems. In most cases, flu-like symptoms occur that include headache, dizziness, and nausea. If you have these symptoms, it is better to get checked.

CO Testing By Experts

Even if you don’t have any reason to believe that one of your family members is having symptoms of CO poisoning, you should get your home checked frequently. Professionals like Unitests are available nearby to help you with the testing. Moreover, if you have already installed a CP detector inside your home, you should get it checked as well. A malfunctioning device can cost you a loved one.

From gas heaters to furnaces, a small appliance in your home can be dangerous. Hence, you need to call for help to check all the devices that emit carbon monoxide along with the detector. The experts will not only check the air quality but also give you suggestions on how you can keep the indoor air quality optimal and your family safe. With the air that has no color, taste, or odor, you won’t even know if you are inhaling it. Your safety is in your hands. So, make sure that you take all the necessary actions. Visit the link- https://www.unitests.com.au/ and get in touch with professional testers immediately.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *